ARC Request Guidelines subject to change at any time.
For Initial Consideration:
- At least one Main Character must be LGBTQIA+ for review consideration.
- Please see my Review Information page ensure I’m the right fit for your book.
- I will only accept ARCs I genuinely want to read and reserve the right to decline a request for any reason.
- Unless a timeframe for review is agreed to in conjunction with a promotional tour or release date, I will make every effort to read and review in a timely manner befitting my schedule.
- All ARC Reviews will include verbiage stating I received the title for free an honest review from the author, publisher, promotional company, Netgalley, or other authorized source.
- Any title I accept will be reviewed and evaluated honestly and without bias. I maintain the rights to my ratings and opinions whether they are favorable or not.
- All reviews written by request will be published here on BackPorchReader with shares to Twitter & Facebook, GoodReads, and Amazon. Amazon reviews will be posted on or soon after the day of release and may be shortened versions and edited for content to comply with Amazon’s ToS.
ARCs During Promotional Tours & Release Dates:
- I will make every effort to read and post my review of an ARC promptly with regard to release dates and other promotions. At this time, please make every effort to provide the book at least one month in advance of the date you’d like my review posted.
- I will temporarily withhold ARC Reviews during a promotional tour or release date of books rating less than three stars. Any scheduled tour promo will post as planned minus an unfavorable review. The review will, however, post at a later date — typically a minimum of one week after publication or end of the promotional tour.
- Please make sure to provide any timeline details I should consider.
- Depending on my schedule, I may need to refuse an ARC if it will not fit your desired timeline.
- BackPorchReader is not for profit. No money or favors are exchanged at any time with the exception of a book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.
- Purchase links included in reviews and promotional posts are for reader convenience only and do not constitute endorsement or profitable marketing relationship with any author, publisher, or bookseller.
- Review copies are retained indefinitely but will never be shared or given away to any third party.
I’m also available for Blog Tours and Guest Posts. You supply the content and date(s) you’d like to visit. Just let me know in the Additional Comments section, and we’ll discuss the details via email.
If you’re interested in a Guest Post but not a book review at this time, you can go here for a shorter form.
I can only accept Kindle (.mobi) format.
If you think I’d be a good fit for reviewing your book, please use the form below.
Page Updated: December 2017