It’s that time of year when review blogs the world over are sharing their favorites of the year, and I will not be left out of the fun.
But…this causes me a little anxiety because I feel like I should narrow down my choices to a Top Ten. And ooooh boy, I’ve read some great books this year.
…So screw that Top Ten business.
I’m listing ALL OF MY FAVORITES.
As I did last year, I’ll break them out into books published this year & titles published prior to 2016. That way we’ll have some semblance of organization amongst this excess of book lovin’.
ALSO! I’m doing my first ever GIVEAWAY that is not sponsored by an author. Details are at the end of this post.
Without further ado known as too many words….
Favorite Reads Published in 2016
In alphabetical order, because that seems most fair. Links direct to all the gushing love for these books here on Back Porch Reader.
A Gentleman’s Position, Society of Gentlemen, book 3
Bad Reputation, Queen City Boys, book 2
Come Back To Me, The Lost and Founds, book 5
Dirty Heart, Cole McGinnis, book 6
Empty Net, Scoring Chances, book 4
Fast Connection, Cyberlove, book 2
Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell
First and First, Five Boroughs, book 3
Interborough, Five Boroughs, book 4
Out of Nowhere, Middle of Somewhere, book 2
Rag and Bone, Rag and Bone, book 1
Strong Signal, Cyberlove, book 1
Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell
You Are Not Me, ’90s Coming of Age, book 2
Favorite Reads Published Before 2016
A Matter of Time, A Matter of Time, volume 1
The Magpie Lord, A Charm of Magpies, book 1
Prosperity, Prosperity, book 1
BONUS FAVORITES! BECAUSE I CAN!!!
These books may or may not have rated five stars from me. BUT they are first books in a new (or new-to-me) series read this year that I can not stop thinking about and cannot WAIT for upcoming books. In some cases, the series may be finished…but they’re far from forgotten.
Hexbreaker, Hexworld, book 1
Jordan L. Hawk
Off Campus, Bend or Break, book 1
Amy Jo Cousins
Playing for Keeps, Glasgow Lads, book 1
I’m giving away ONE e-book to THREE winners! Simply comment below with any book title mentioned in this post of 2016 favorites for your chance to win that title in e-book format from Amazon.
The contest ends at NOON Eastern on December 31st.
*How This Works and Things I Have To Mention*
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Three winners will be selected by random number, and each will receive the e-book of their choice as named in their comment. (Three winners, one e-book each.)
- The comment must include the title of one of the books listed in this post.
- Winners will be announced on the blog when the contest ends. By entering you agree to allow the name you’ve provided to be posted within the comments as the contest winner by BackPorchReader .
- Winners will be contacted first via email by @backporchreader.com with the email address associated with your comment — please make sure your spam filter will accept mail from this address. If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours, or another winner will be chosen.
- Prizes will be distributed following email acknowledgment by BackPorchReader and will be sent to the winner as an e-book gift notification from Amazon.com to the confirmed email address.
- By entering you agree to hold BackPorchReader harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once, duplicate entries by the same person for this giveaway will be ignored.
- Entries are NOT limited to blog followers, nor do they carry any additional weight. Though, if you’re not a follower yet, I’d be grateful if you’d consider joining me.
- Void where prohibited by law.
Got all that? Pick a title and comment away….